Let My Frown Be!


Don't do stuff for me if only to take a high moral standpoint later. Don't rub it on me that you do stuff for me. 
No, I do not have it easier than you. 
No, I'm not suggesting that you do either. 
Understand this: we have different lives. Though we are together, we have completely distinct ideas and hopes about what our lives should be.

Freedom.
That concept is completely non-existent from decision making in our day-to-day life. 
That night you said, 'I love you more than I love her.' I don't know that... I could never quantify it like that. The fact, however, is that today if I do not have the guts to walk away from everything, to start on my bohemian ideal life is because she is my anchor point. The only thing making me hope that this life could be better, might turn out better than my idyllic dreamsnot you, not my parents.

Yet, if this becomes your reckoner to measure my love for you, I can only say it is wrong. Also, I do not know and neither do I have any godforsaken idea of what the right way to measure is.

No, I didn't want to smile and indulge in your repeated-to-death family anecdotes. I could have garnered some fake enthusiasm but I didn't because I just did not have the will to do it. Instead, I let my frustration come through, let it show on my face. 
I never asked you to like it, I asked you to acknowledge it. I am allowed, you know? I thought I didn't have to worry about you seeing it. 

I too wanted an easier, more laid-back life but I don't have it and I know that. Trust me, I know it. So, just let me scrunch up my face and sneer at times. It is my release.

Let my frown be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winters and Work

My love of jotting down lines

Moments with her...